This is a topic we can’t get enough of. We live for Pack Projects and love breaking down how it impacts resale, for both our own homes, as well as our clients. Keep in mind, each home/ neighborhood/ price range will be unique in the price points and finishes – but the base line will remain the same. If you’re planning on tackling some home renovations this winter, keep reading for the Pack’s foolproof plan to increase your resale value this spring:Read More
What a week! We broke records for both cold and snow this week so we’re ready for a weekend of
indoor projects finishing the roof deck, trimming the landscaping for the winter ahead, and wrapping up our holiday decor! Here are a few things we’ve been excited to share with you:
We get this question every fall and winter without fail. Is it possible to sell my home in the winter months? Short answer – YES. And here’s how:Read More
Much like politics, religion, and a host of other hotly debatable topics comes the polarizing question of “When do you decorate for Christmas?”. We asked on instagram and the vote was split right down the middle. Friends were fierce in their rationale on both sides. Not to play politician, but we can totally see the point of waiting for Turkey Day celebrations, and also the fun of eeking out every last second of the magic of Christmas! For us, we get too excited to wait. And after my grandparents died, Thanksgiving isn’t what it used to be. We like seeing those twinkly lights just a little bit longer. Here are some stunning holiday spreads we are eyeing this season:Read More
We’ve been in your shoes a time or four. Some lessons we caught on to pretty quickly, others took (much) longer to learn. Here’s what you should know if you’re buying a house across town, across the country, or across the pond. And if you only listen to one piece of advice, please let it be #4:Read More
We’re still ironing out the details, but this is the general vibe for the quick refresh on the main floor powder room that we’re trying to make happen in record time. I challenged Jon to a half-day project since it’s a half-bath, and he seemed up for it…ish.Read More
One of the things we love most about NixonPack and all of our social channels, is the sense of community we have with other DIY’ers and homebodies just like us. We get to cheer each other on, find inspiration for the next big project, and learn something new each day. We are so grateful you’re a part of the Pack, and thought it might be fun to finally have a place to answer frequently asked questions. Here’s a new series you can expect to see here weekly (hold me to it!) with the Top 3 Questions in our Inbox:Read More
It’s been a minute since we shared a Pack Punch List – mostly because between getting the NY house ready to sell, and flying right into the massive pile of projects at the new house – we haven’t really come up for air. Here’s what we’re working on as we look ahead to the weekend!Read More
For the past few years, fall curb appeal has gone a bit…vanilla. A lot of farmhouse style, buffalo checked welcome mats, and every shade of muted pumpkin. If you’re like us and looking to (pumpkin) spice things up, here are a few looks we’re loving:Read More
This Nice List just so happens to fall on a Friday, and National Taco Day no less, so I think we can all agree – it’s going to be a great day. Without further ado, here are some of the things The Pack has been digging this week!
- Lamp Stamp. I love playing with lighting and aside from paint, fully believe that it is the key to transforming a space. So when we saw the new lighting trend in the kitchen, I was on board immediately. Last year we saw the kitchen become less “kitchen-y” and more an extension of the living space. Less emphasis on appliances, more emphasis on an extra place to lounge with family. So with that lead-in, the small table lamps we keep seeing pop up on the kitchen counter make even more sense. It adds a warmth to the room, and helps eliminate some of those sterile vibes and sprinkle back in the homeyness.
- Spooky Decor. You may have seen that we decked out the front of our home with spiders bigger than our son. Well thanks to a little insta inspo from our beloved Martha Stewart & @stepheniewatts – we’re bringing the spooky indoors. I love how this look is festive, yet so chic. Remind me to tell you later about the time Grey had an actual live bat in his bedroom, living under his life size bear.
3. Comfort Cooking. We have tried every dutch oven under the sun. I typically stick to the ones you can find in the kitchen aisle at Home Goods because the price point is perfect and so is the quality. Yet year after year, I end up leaving the burner on a wee bit too high, for a wee bit too long and stews stop mid-January. I scored this one on amazon, and while I admit it was love at first sight because of the gold knob, the reviews are on point and this one has been a winner so far. I promise to report back this winter to see if she’s still cookin’!
4. Small Shop Sweetness. We are a sucker for all things custom, and all things home, so when we stumbled upon this gift idea from a small Etsy shop it was a no brainer! Check out the detailing of the mailbox on the gift box. This is a perfect surprise for a friend who just moved, or to order several to celebrate all the places you’ve called home!
5. Winter weight. This woman can do no wrong in my book, and every single recipe she posts is a fast favorite. She makes the recipes incredibly user friendly and finds a way to spice things up in a way I never would have dreamt possible. One of her latest creations is the Creamy Broccoli and Butternut Squash Soup with Brie Pastries. Areyoukiddingme?! Yes, please. This shall be Sunday dinner in the above mentioned crock and I can’t wait to report back. I’ll make a double batch in case you stop by!